Monday, November 22, 2010

Apples

Have you ever heard the expression: “One sour apple ruins the entire bunch.”? I am curious to know if it really does. Maybe I should take a couple apples and put one bad one in to see what happens. Will that one single apple really make the others rot? I might actually do this experiment if it wasn’t such a waste of food.

I do, however, realize that this phrase has nothing to do with fruit. Dr. Phil puts it another way. It takes 10 “Atta boys!” to make up for one put down. And even though I hear several great comments about my blog page from many of you, it only takes one sour apple.

A while ago a friend of mine made a comment about my blog entrees. She became my bad apple. She was voicing her opinion about the details and narration of my writings. She explained to me that she would appreciate it if I would just simply “write down what the kids did that day or week and leave it at that.” She was also very concerned that I “may offend some people by always mentioning God and Jesus.”

These comments made me ponder about my writings and wonder about how these pages were being viewed. I didn’t actually realize how much my friends’ comment hurt me until I realized that it was more than just keeping me from posting anything, it was even keeping me from reading The Word. That is when I realized that Satan had won. Her comment not only made me shy away from sharing my life with all of you but letting me share my life with my Creator.

That is when I knew I needed to get beyond her words and continue on with what brings me the greatest joy--reading my Bible and writing this blog. Of course a omniscience, omnipresent God is going to be seen, heard, and felt in everyday occasions. Therefore, He will be mentioned on this page.

My advice is that if you don’t like asparagus, don’t put it on your plate. If you don’t like my blog, don’t read it.

How do you like them apples?

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 2010

June 2010
Four little monkies all lined up in a row!