Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Wonderful Time of Year

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”!! Yes, I know that this is typically a song sung at Christmas time but I look forward to one specific day on the calendar throughout most of the year. That day is September 24. So many wonderful events take place on that day.


For one, by the end of September autumn is officially here. Like many others, I enjoy watching the leaves on the trees change into their amazing colors. I enjoy the opportunity to throw on a sweatshirt in the evening when we are outside playing. But mostly I love the smell of fall. Getting to enjoy all of the colors, temperature changes and terrific aromas makes autumn a terrific time of year.

Additionally, this is a joyful day for anyone reading through the Bible cover to cover in a year. On September 24 you move from the Old Testament in to the New. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am sure God gave us the OT for very good reasons. However, I, personally, find the minor prophets quite daunting. By the end of a whole group of them I am ready to start reading about the coming Christ. Therefore, I find the division switch very refreshing in more ways than one.

But now that I am married I have even one more reason to celebrate on September 24. Today is Matt’s birthday! (It’s also my brother-in-law, Mark’s birthday. But that is another story for yet another blog.) I never thought I would be married to a 34 year old man but alas I am. And hopefully, as the years go by, I will be married to a 44, 54, 64 and maybe even a 74 year old man.

So this has been a day of many praises in our house. Not only am I celebrating for many reasons but Matt has also joined me in singing this misplaced Christmas carol. His reasons are quite different than mine. He’s joyful because he can watch NFL, listen to MLB and read about yesterday’s NCAA football games simultaneously. I never knew such an old man could have such hidden talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 2010

June 2010
Four little monkies all lined up in a row!